Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One thing that I hate about the One State - 1/26/2011

I actually finished the book by accident. I had to keep reading and see how it ended. One thing that I would hate about the One State would not having an identity. Everyone in the One State is given a number and told who they could see and have sex with, what they were going to do when the grew up and given a time schedule for each day. I would feel completely like a robot that was following other peoples commands and not living to the full extent and doing things for myself. I think that it would be horrible to live in a world like that. No one would really be any different then the other person. I think that having a soul and an imagination makes us each unique as individuals and with out them we are nothing but robots. Mindless machines that obey commands. I think that it would be worse then being a dog. A dog has more freedom then what the people in this book have and the control that One State has on them is terrifying because it could be something that happens to us in the future. I think that sometimes people get ideas from television and from books that they read, so honestly i believe that one day maybe someone will try to rule mankind and turn them into mindless robots. I am defiantly grateful that I wasn't born in a time period that was strict on what people could do. We do have rules to follow in our society's and the laws but we are able to be creative and unique from everyone else which i think is very important to being a human being on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment